When the Coronavirus crisis forced us to close our doors on March 18, 2020 – we knew we were doing the right thing – but it was still hard. A salon is a family made up of great stylists and amazing guests!
So while we were home, dreaming of opening, we were studying all the safety measures being employed throughout our industry.
Minnesota issued guidelines for re-opening on June 1, 2020. So we’re taking every precaution necessary to ensure safety and protect our guests and stylists. Here’s an overview of an experience in our salon for the foreseeable future – using our new Fantastic Sams Enhanced Guest Service System!
ONE: Our Salons are sterilized and protected
We are doing our best to make certain our salons are virus free and safe. We have sterilized each salon and applied an anti-microbial agent to inhibit viruses from residing on any surfaces. We used Pro3 Solutions for this ongoing protection. Here’s a video overview of this process:
TWO: We only accept Appointments – no Walk-Ins
Per Minnesota State regulations – we are only taking appointments. You can easily schedule an appointment using our online system by clicking here. REMEMBER – select your salon in the scheduling process. Also – remember to sign-in at the end of the process! You will receive an email and/or text confirmation of your appointment. Also note – our Rosemount salon is still closed so we suggest selecting our Inver Grove Heights or Eagan salons. Thanks!
THREE: We limit the number of guests in the salon
Also per Minnesota State regulations, we are limiting the number of guests in our salons to 6 – to minimize the number of people to which you are exposed. We also have to ask you only make appointments for children that are old enough to be in the salon unaccompanied – regulations do not permit us to provide services to unaccompanied minors.
FOUR: We follow careful cleaning procedures
You already expect this from our salons. Every stylist is licensed by the State of Minnesota and trained to ensure our tools and work area are sterilized and spotless after each guest. Now we’re more careful than ever to ensure your experience in the chair is worry free.
FIVE: We are not offering ALL of our services
Due to State restrictions we are not performing all of the services we normally offer. Here’s what you CAN receive:
- Hair Treatment
- Brow Wax
Here’s what we CAN NOT offer for the time being:
- Waxing (other than brow). This includes upper lip, cheek and chin waxing
- Mustache and beard trim
SIX: We wear a mask & check our temperatures, and require that you do as well
We will wear a mask and require that you wear one as well. If you don’t have one, we sell disposable masks for $1.00.
We will also take our own temperature before every shift, and will take yours when you come into the salon. The CDC guidelines state that any temperature over 100.4 F / 38 C means it’s time to self-quarantine and get tested.
SEVEN: We ask you to sign a release
We know these are interesting times – and no one knows what to expect. But as part of our re-opening, we have to ask you to sign a release that protects us should you contract COVID-19. Thanks for understanding.
EIGHT: It’s a modified salon experience
To ensure all of these precautions work, we have a modified way of inviting guests into the salon, and your experience once inside. We call it the Fantastic Sams Enhanced Guest Service System.
- Make an appointment
- Upon arrival at the salon, please wait in your vehicle or outside the salon. Our door will be locked to control the flow of traffic through our facilities.
- Our salon phones will only offer a voicemail option – to ensure our stylists can service our guests uninterrupted. We apologize for the inconvenience – and will return calls as soon as we can.
- When it’s your turn for an appointment, we’ll text you. If you don’t have the ability to receive a text, we’ll hold up a white board with your name on it at the salon door.
- Once in the salon, your stylist or our receptionist will take your temperature using a contactless thermometer. If your temperature is over the CDC threshold of 100.4 degrees F / 38 degrees C we will ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- If you do not have your own mask, we will sell you one (for $1.00). Everyone must wear a mask until further notice.
- Your stylist will place a freshly laundered cape on you, and will make sure you understand that all tools have been properly cleaned and sterilized for your visit.
- We will only use a blow dryer during your visit if both you and your stylist are comfortable with this part of your service.
- Once your service is complete, we ask that you pay with a credit or debit card. We have contactless payment options to help protect you. You can pay as normal with a chip or card swipe, or we accept smartphone and contactless credit cards.
Other things you should know
We have hand sanitizer throughout the salon, and of course soap and water in the restroom. We encourage everyone to keep their hands clean throughout their visit. Your stylist will clean their hands before your time in the chair – guaranteed!
We are so looking forward to seeing you! Stay safe – and book soon!